01474 822642 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lower Thames Crossing (LTC)
LOWER THAMES CROSSING - CONSULTATION NOW CLOSED.
Thanks to everyone who completed the questionnaire.
See a copy of our formal Parish Council response.
The next phase of the campaign will begin soon - updates will be posted on this web page.
>> Link to the Radio Kent debate on Lower Thames Crossing.
Update 14 [ 8 April 2016 ]
1. Now the consultation date has passed we are beginning to plan the next phase of the campaign.
2. In the meantime, the petition to the Government is still open - online link below or sign the green forms and drop off at Higham Pharmacy, Greengrocer or Post Office - we've collected over 2,200 signatures in Higham!
A GREAT BIG THANK YOU TO THE PHARMACY, POST OFFICE AND GREENGROCERS FOR COLLECTING THE PETITION SHEETS
4. We are beginning to take down some of the posters – they are getting wet and we don’t want to see them littering up the village and surrounding areas. Many of the banners will remain in place.
5. THE ANNUAL PARISH ASSEMBLY IS ON THURSDAY 14 APRIL 7.30PM – IN THE MEMORIAL HALL – DO COME ALONG.
Update 12a [ 21 March 2016 ]
1. Please urge everyone to make sure they complete their Questionnaires (on-line or on paper) by 24 March – so nag your neighbours and remind your relatives!
2. We have, so far, got nearly 1400 signatures for the Government Petition – well done everyone – this petition is till open, so please keep collecting signatures
3. Links to the video of the Questions and Answers session on 12 March is on the Parish Council website: www.higham-kent-pc.gov.uk.
Thanks to Mike Cavender for filming and Clive and Judi Stanley for mastering the techniques of Youtube and getting the film on the website.
4. Car stickers and posters – we still have a few of these– if you would like any …… please email email@example.com or text 07480518493 …….. giving your name and address and we’ll deliver to you.
Update 12 [ 10 March 2016 ]
1. Saturday 12 March meeting – 7.30pm in The Memorial Hall – please come along and have your say – A Highways England representative will be there.
2. Sunday 13 March 2.30pm Funnel the Tunnel Walk with Christoph Bull (Chalk Local Historian) This is a repeat of the walk Christoph led on 6 March. Meet at the Junction of Castle Lane and Lower Higham Road, Chalk, Gravesend DA12 2NZ. The event is free – no need to book.
Donations will be asked for to help in the campaign against Option C.
3. Please urge everyone to make sure they complete their Questionnaires – on-line or on paper by 24 March.
4. Car stickers and posters – we still have supplies of these – if you would like any please email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 07480518493 giving your name and address and we’ll deliver to you.
Update 11 [ 3 March 2016 ]
Look >> See the Webcast of 2nd March 2016 Gravesham Joint Neighbourhood forums meeting at St John's Comprehensive school. Subject= Lower Thames Crossing.
2. 12th March meeting – 7.30pm in The Memorial Hall, School Lane, Higham ME3 7JL – please come along and have your say – A Highways England representative will be there.
3. Car stickers and posters – we have new supplies of these – if you would like any please email email@example.com or phone/text 07480 518 493 giving your name and address and we’ll deliver to you.
4. The Higham Action Group are going to be putting up more banners and posters around the village and beyond over the next week …… if you can help with this please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone/text 07480 518 493.
5. Sunday 6th March -- A guided walk to show some of the route of Option C.
6. A BBC Radio Kent debate about the crossing will take place on Thursday 10th March at 7.30pm.
Update 10 [ 25 February 2016 ]
1. People’s Protest Saturday 27 February 12noon to 1.00pm in the Community Square Civic Centre Windmill Street Gravesend. Please spread the word so we can get as many people as possible in the Square.
2. A No to Option C Action Group has now been formed for Higham. For more details go to the website www.optionc.org.uk or email the group: NoToOptionC@gmail.com
3. If you would like to receive email copies of this update, email email@example.com to be added to the mailing list.
4. Joint Neighbourhood Forum about the Lower Thames Crossing, on Wednesday 2 March at St John’s Catholic Comprehensive School Rochester Road, Gravesend DA12 2JW. Doors open at 6pm, start 7pm close 9pm. Speaker: Martin Potts Highways England. Places are limited and access will be on a first come, first saved basis. The meeting will be webcast on https://www.youtube.com/user/graveshamtv. Questions can be emailed in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Volunteers will be visiting every house in the village from Thursday 25th to deliver packs of information
6. There have been some problems with the website link for the KCC petition – if you are experiencing problems please try this:
7. We have a number of old advertising banners, which have writing on one side only. If anyone is interested in having one of these to paint No to Option C messages on the back and then display on their property contact us email@example.com or phone 07480518493
8. Option A is still on the table. In answer to a direct question "Is Dartford still an option?" The Secretary of State said YES. He said that he would take everyone's views and concerns into consideration before a final decision is made. So get writing...
9. Gravesham Borough Council have allocated £150,000 for a fund to fight the Option C proposal.
Update 9 [ 18 February 2016 ]
Thank you to everyone who came to the meeting last Friday and the protest on Saturday morning.
2. Paper copies of the consultation questionnaire and pre-paid envelopes are in the Higham Library or go on-line www.lower-thames-crossing.co.uk
3. Petition Sheets are in the Higham Post Office, Pharmacy and Greengrocers - please call in and sign.
4. If you would like to volunteer to help in anyway - there are forms you can fill in ... at the Higham Post Office, Pharmacy and Greengrocers.
5. Large scale copies of the map of the routes are in the Higham library.
6. SAVE THE DATE A peaceful protest is being planned for Saturday 27 February 12 noon to 1.00pm in the Community Square, Civic Centre, Windmill Street, Gravesend DA12 1AU. More details to follow.
If you need any further help or information:
Update 8 [ 13 February 2016 ]
Higham villagers turned out (photo below) on Saturday 13th February to demonstrate against LTC Option C
whilst BBC South East Today reporter Fiona Irving interviewed Cllr. Harold Craske. View some more photographs or watch the BBC programme -- only for a limited time..
Update 7 [ 5 February 2016 ]
Letter to Parishioners from Higham Parish Council
LOWER THAMES CROSSING - SAY NO TO OPTION C
The Parish Council will be holding a meeting for all residents on
FRIDAY 12TH FEBRUARY IN THE MEMORIAL HALL AT 7.30 PM
Although the consultation relates to HE proposals, this is not a done deal. HE are required to submit to Government their preferred route - option C . It is the Government that will make the final decision and the Minister has said that he does not rule out option A at Dartford.
A further meeting for all residents will be held in the Memorial Hall on
Saturday 12th March at 7.30pm
when we will have concrete proposals to put before you advising what your response should be to HE. I am now hopeful that a representative from Highways England might be able to attend.
After this consultation is over on 24th March we need to concentrate on letting the Secretary of State for Transport know our views.
Your views matter - make them known.
SAY NO TO OPTION C
HIGHAM PARISH COUNCIL www.higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Update 6 [ 26 January 2016 ]
Consultation Announcement from Highways England
The government has announced a public consultation on Option C (which affects Higham Parish the most). As of Saturday 30th January, Higham Library had a small stock of various Highways England booklets and publications about the public consultation for parishioners to pick up and browse.
Highways England plan a series of LTC public information events with documents, maps and other material to view, plus staff to answer questions. See the dates, times and locations . BUT... there is (currently) NOT a public information event scheduled for Higham, the largest village affected locally. See more details and where to write and complain to Highways England.
Higham Parish Council, with our Borough Councillors have arranged an initial information meeting for local Higham people to get together to discuss the current Lower Thames Crossing Proposals. Friday 12th February 7.30pm in the Higham Memorial Hall, School Lane, ME3 7JL.
A subsequent Higham Public Meeting is arranged for Saturday 12th March 2016 at 7.30pm in the Memorial Hall, School Lane, ME3 7JL. Expected speakers include our local MP, KCC Councillor, Chairman of Shorne Parish Council and other pertinent speakers.
Read the government announcement, visit Highways England LTC web site and see a BBC News article.
Cascade Leisure Centre, Thong Lane, Gravesend, Kent, DA12 4LG
Riverside Community Hall, Riverside Centre, Dickens Road, Gravesend, Kent, DA12 2JY
Shorne Village Hall,16 The Street, Shorne, Kent, DA12 3EA
Gravesham Borough Council Civic Centre, Windmill Street, Gravesend, Kent, DA12 1AU
Bluewater Shopping Centre, Greenhithe,Kent, DA9 9ST
Eastgate Events Venue, Eastgate, 141 Springhead Parkway, Northfleet, Gravesend, DA11 8AD
Kent County Council Offices, Maidstone House, King Street, Maidstone, ME15 6JQ
The Corn Exchange, Northgate, Rochester, Medway, ME1 1LS
NOTE:- Other events are arranged further away. See consultation material for a full list. However, there is NOT a Highways England-arranged public information event scheduled for Higham, the largest village affected locally. Please write and complain to Highways England about this oversight.
Shorne Parish Council will be holding a public meeting in the Village Hall, Shorne on Friday 12th February at 7.30pm to give their residents more details, comments and assessment of the LTC proposals.
You can email us with any comments: firstname.lastname@example.org